Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15

The consultation at Emory went well, the Dr. is in on the cutting edge of research into new treatments. There will be a few more tests required before stem cells can be harvested and banked for future contingency. I am encouraged that my results thus far indicate I am a good candidate for this program and that remission can last years.
I will continue to take the drugs that got me this far, with the exception of pain medicine and chemotherapy, which are not needed now.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad the drugs are not needed. You need to come down here and play some golf. A little salt air won't hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear of your continuing progress in fighting this disease. I am optimistic that your tests will allow you to "bank stem cells" and that you will soon get on with your normal activities. Scott and I look forward to a visit from you and Jeannie as soon as you can make it. . . maybe Nova Scotia?

    ReplyDelete